Admission of Openness By: Stephen Huan 5/14/19
In lieu of cryptographically secure, decentralized, voting systems via Blockchain or other protocals, only good ol' integrity will do the trick. Authoritarian countries will hold mock "elections" with only one candidate, have only party-selected candidates, or count votes discreetly.
As a believer of democracy, the digital platform is closest to achieving the Athenian ideal. However, rigorous standards must be upheld.
The current webmaster has a possibly great influence on the results of a election. Therefore, the current webmaster swears by the following:
- The webmaster WILL NOT attempt to influence the results of a election.
- They will not endorse any candidate.
- They may nullify results based upon technical error.
- A re-election must be held within the same week, in person if the system is still broken.
- They may not intentionally cause fault within the system.
- If a vulnerability is found in the system, they will fix it.
- They will keep a record of each admission before modification.
- They will GPG-sign this document and attach the signature to this webpage.
"I will uphold academic and personal integrity in the TJ community."
gpg --verify A99DD60E.admission.md.asc admission.md to verify this signature
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----